Monday, November 1, 2010

Washington DC pics and fun

Had such an exciting week last week. Flew to Herndon, VA and was able to take my guys with me! :) They had never been to the east coast and I had only briefly got the "quick and dirty" tour of the National Mall at night 4 years ago. We were able to see quite a bit in my opinion and then they were able to see some sights while I was in training. Below are some of my favorite pics from the trip.

















Must see:
Arlington Cemetery:  Tomb of the Unknown (changing of the guards every hour)
Arlington Cemetery: Arlington House
Arlington Cemetery: over all
Air and Space Museum in Herndon, VA
Air and Space Smithsonian
National Mall: Lincoln, Washington Monument, World War II (for fun pics with Washington Monument), Korean War, Vietnam Wall
Old Town Alexandria, VA: Lee-Fendall House (tours on the hour)

No comments:

Post a Comment