Saturday, September 3, 2011

Labor Day Weekend...

Here I sit once again today thinking about how I'm going to spend my weekend and Monday off. Well what exactly does labor day mean. Why do we get a day of the week off for it? So I did a bit of reading on this. For some it signals the end of summer. Well that doesn't mean much in CA since many schools have been back in session for about a month now. The other reason is to pay tribute to all the working men and women. Now there is an idea. To quote TLC Family: "Labor Day is a day set aside to pay tribute to working men and women. It has been celebrated as a national holiday in the United States and Canada since 1894." Again this being the economy that our dear Mr. Pres. has decided to jack around it holds little meaning to many. So many are out of work, living on the streets, living in other family members homes just trying to get by.

Why am I rambling on about this..? I really don't know.

I guess since so many things are going on between my husband being laid off  and my work being incredibly busy and stressful right now. One point of burden is that since the State would rather hire a firefighter with zero experience and book work vs. keeping the trained (but not a degree) experienced Firefighter who has well over 10 years of experience. The State ranking system is a joke for Firefighters to get hired permanently. The rankings are secret, you don't know where you stand, you don't know why you stand where you do and no one will explain. Last I checked the State doesn't know how to budget it's own money, has a "management" system for training, hiring yet holds no one accountable to make sure that all firefighters on staff already are adequately taken care of with updated trainings and signing off the necessary items to prove they have had the training. The "system" is BS.

So what am I going to do about it? Well other then annoy the crap out of my husband to be more pushy not much I can do. (Sure as hell don't want to Gov. this state of a mess).

Instead I'll be spending my Labor Day weekend with my loving husband and amazing son sitting in the HOT So. Cal sun watching Americas all time favorite sport! BASEBALL!!! I can live in this dream world all weekend and Monday. Then someone will have to give me a good hard swift kick in the pants to make me walk down the hall to my office and begrudgingly turn on my laptop.

Just a few 2011 pics of baseball games we've been to so far. More to come on Tues...or Weds...
 Patience is a virtue and my son has it down. Doesn't scream out the players name just waits his turn.
 He was making fun of someone who was asking over and over for an autograph
 Mathis


 ...and stretch... You're up next batter get ready
Not a bad pic... would have been better had it not gone straight up... >.<

Have a safe Labor Day weekend and be grateful that you...yes you have a job in this whacked out economy!


No comments:

Post a Comment