Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Glue

I was talking with a co-worker after he was done visiting some of the schools I work with. He precedes to tell me that I'm the glue that is holding the schools together. (First thought that runs through my head...yeah duh I'm their manager isn't that what I paid to do...) So I continue to hear him out. I tell him well I guess I should go buy a bottle of Elmer's Glue and replace Elmer with Carrie. He says make sure that you buy the blue kind. (Purple stick kind I think he's referring to). I again hear him out for his explanation as to why. He continues with you are like the blue glue... you are visible to your schools via online, emails, phone calls, on site trainings and workshops. However once everything is settled and the blue fades the glue remains to hold everything together.
(Second thought... Well this is a first for me. I'm referred to as a bottle of glue.) I share the story with one of my schools and now they are calling me the "glue" that holds them all together. So my final thought here... maybe it's not so bad to be glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment